Our classic regimental silk tie, made in England according to the time honoured traditions of British neckwear.
The Assam Valley Light Horse regiment was formed in 1891 as part of the Indian Volunteer Force, later the Indian Defence Force and finally the Auxiliary Force (India). The regimental headquarters was at Dibrugarh in Assam. It was recruited from the European community in Assam - mostly tea planters. A light horse regiment had a rough strength of approximately 400 men and its troops typically fought as mounted infantry rather than traditional cavalry. It was not mobilized as a unit during World War 1 or World War 2 but individuals did serve, mainly with the British Indian Army.
The regiment was disbanded when India became independent in August 1947.
Payment secured by SagePay or PayPal